EaseUS Data recovery wizard is indeed one of the best tools around to recover your lost data. Well, we still recommend you to have a backup of your files to an external storage drive – no matter what file recovery software you try to use.
EaseUS is a free data recovery software with premium offerings as well. So, in this article, we’ll be reviewing the tool (how good/bad it is) and you could then decide to try it out.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: Key Features
If a free data recovery software helps to recover the data in almost every type of data loss – then it should be the recommended solution. Let’s see in what cases EaseUS proves to be useful:
- Accidentally Deleted Files Recovery: If you’ve accidentally deleted something, you will be able to recover it.
- Formatted Recovery: We think that we’ve lost everything after our PC gets a reset (or formatting). Well, the good news is – you can still recover a major chunk of data even if you have formatted your PC.
- Recycle Bin Empty Data Recovery: Oops! Did you just wipe the recycle bin and wanted to restore something? Fret not, EaseUS does support recovering files that have been deleted from the recycle bin as well.
- Lost Partition Recovery: If something has gone wrong with the partition you just created, the data can still be recovered with EaseUS data recovery tool.
- Hard Disk Damage: If you’ve damaged your storage drive, EaseUS can still help you recover the files.
- Virus Attack Recovery: If you’re not careful, you will most likely be a victim of data loss caused by a malware or an unknown virus. In that case, EaseUS can help recover the lost data as well.
- OS Crash Recovery: If you have trouble booting into the Windows system, EaseUS lets you create another bootable media to recover the data. You can read more about it in their official partition manager guide.
- RAW Partition Recovery: If for some reason, one of your partition becomes a RAW partition, you can still recover data from it – in case you lost the data while converting RAW to NTFS.
EaseUS Data Recovery: Here’s What We Think
EaseUS Data recovery already has an improved UI and performs very well – as it did in our last review of its version 10.
The features and abilities that come baked in are definitely worth having it installed.
It’s actually free to scan for the files and data that can be recovered using EaseUS. You might need to upgrade if you have a lot of data to restore.
EaseUS Data Recovery tool lets you list all the file types in one place or you can filter them with the categories of data you need to be restored (like music, videos, documents, etc.)
It also supports two scan techniques where the quick scanning only lets you know about the folders/files you can restore easily. The deep level scan lists out all the lost partition data, lost files in a RAW partition, and more.
As an added bonus, you can easily save your session after the scan – so that when you get back to recover the data, you can always continue from where you left off without re-scanning everything.
It is essentially a free recovery software that should come handy to almost everyone who wants to have a tool for immediate recovery of the lost data.
However, you get a limit of 500 MB data to restore with the free plan. Although you can perform a deep scan for free, you will have to upgrade it to the pro plan if you have data more than 500 MB to restore.
The pro plan costs you about $69 which removes the data limit – you can restore everything that you find in while scanning the storage drives. There are some other editions available as well. Here’s what they offer:
In my opinion, if we have a data recovery software free to use which lets us scan the entire computer without upgrading it to the pro version, you should definitely go ahead and give it a spin.
In addition, if you’re considering the pro plan – I’ll say it is worth it as well when compared to the fee an IT professional would charge you to help you recover the data using similar tools. Why not do it yourself?
Well, we did share what we think about this software tool – what do you think? Is EaseUS impressive?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.