Last updated on August 12th, 2017
The hype is real. OnePlus did step up its game with a better device at a higher price tag while still being one of the best budget choices under $500. Although, the 8 GB RAM variant would cost you $539!
When compared to the flagship devices which include – LG G6, Galaxy S8 or the iPhone 7 Plus, it indeed seems to be an ideal flagship killer considering the price differences.
Well, not exactly!
The good news is – you can get your hands on the LG G6 within the budget of $480-$550.
If you are looking at the Indian market, the budget would be around 38,000 INR – 41,000 INR.
So, in a nutshell, if you live in the US, you can grab the LG G6 for the same budget you have for OnePlus 5!
And, if you are in India, you could easily afford the LG G6 for an additional 2000 INR (approx.) when compared with OnePlus 5’s 8 GB RAM variant.
Best Deals (India):
If you are considering to grab OnePlus 5’s 8 GB RAM variant, you need to rethink! Should you consider the LG G6 over OnePlus 5’s priciest offering? If yes, why?
Note: We aren’t promoting the LG G6 in any way. We just want you to make a wise decision while getting a smartphone on a budget rather just following the hype!
In this article, we’ve summed up the pros and cons of each (when compared) to help you decide according to your personal preferences. If you can grab either of them at nearly the same price, why not give it a thought?
You’ll also find some useful videos listed below to know more about the LG G6 and the OnePlus 5.
OnePlus 5 – Pros
- Dash Charge (Faster Charging)
- Comes with the latest Snapdragon chipset (Snapdragon 835)
- 6/8 Gigs of RAM (Tip: You do not need more than 4 Gigs of RAM! – Read more here)
- AMOLED Screen
- Near Stock Android Experience
- Dual Camera – Telephoto lens (It all comes down to your personal preferences)
- Better Front Facing Camera
- Reading Mode
OnePlus 5 – Cons
- No IP68 certification (It isn’t dust/water proof)
- Lack of OIS (The presence of Optical Image Stabilization results in better pictures/videos)
- Big top and bottom Bezels
- The design isn’t unique enough
- No Expandable Storage
LG G6 – Pros
- IP68 Certification (It is water/dust proof)
- Unique Design
- More Screen – Less Bezels
- Always-on Display
- The LG G6 is the first phone to debut Dolby Vision HDR (You can read more about it here.)
- 1440p Resolution Screen when compared to the 1080p AMOLED screen
- Dual Camera – Wide-angle Lens (It all comes down to your personal preferences)
- The LG G6 delivers a better camera performance
- Presence of OIS
- Expandable Storage
LG G6 – Cons
- Comes packed with a year-old Snapdragon chipset (Snapdragon 821)
- You won’t get a near-stock Android experience
- Quite simple design
- IPS LCD Display
For better understanding, you can refer to the videos listed below:
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.