Is your Gmail messed up with weird stuff? Are you fed up with same old irritating faces popping out in the Hangouts list? Frustrated seeing your ex’s ID hovering up when you desire to send an email to someone else? Well, the only solution is to delete contacts from Gmail and to keep your contact list clean.
Have no idea how to do so? Don’t worry; it’s very simple. We’ll guide you through the necessary steps that you need to know to delete contacts from Gmail.
How To Delete Contacts From Gmail?
You have two ways to remove contacts from Gmail. One of them is by using your desktop. And, the second way would need you to utilize your smartphone. Here, we have enlisted both of the methods to help you delete contacts from Gmail.
Delete Contacts From Gmail: Using Desktop
1. Delete A Single Contact
This approach is desirable if you seek only to delete a particular contact. Here are the simple steps that you need to follow.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- After logging in, click on the Gmail button, with a drop-down arrow, located in the left upper corner.
3. You’ll get three options to choose from. Select contacts.
4. You’ll be redirected to a new tab depicting your list of contacts stored on your Google account. Hover the cursor over the contact you want to remove.
5. Click the three-dotted button present in the extreme right. You’ll get two options – “Remove from the All Contacts list” and “Delete.” You can choose either of the two to delete the contact you want to.
You May Also Like: 10 Of The Cheapest VR Headsets Available
2. Deleting Multiple Contacts
If you want to delete multiple contacts from your account, then you can implement this method. You can follow these basic steps to accomplish your task.
- Repeat Steps 1, 2 & 3, listed in the above method.
- When you hover your cursor on a contact, a box appears on the extreme left. Just select it.
- Repeat the above step for all the other contacts you want to delete.
- After you are done with selecting the contacts you want to remove, click on the ‘trash/dustbin’ icon.
- Once again you’ll get the two options – “Remove from the All Contacts list” and “Delete.” Click on either of them to remove the desired set of contacts from your account.
How To Delete Contacts From Gmail: Using your Android Device
The Google accounts that you add on your phone can be synced manually so that your list of contacts are updated accordingly. In other words, if you delete contacts using your desktop browser, then they are also removed from your phone, provided you sync the associated Google account.
Here are the steps you need to follow to add a Google account on your Android device.
- Download the Gmail app from PlayStore and install it.
- Tap on Gmail. Select the menu and tap on add account.
- Click on Google and then provide the details of the account you want to add.
After you are done with the formalities of setting up your account, you need to sync your contacts to your device. These are the basic steps you need to follow.
- Access the settings of your device and then go to accounts.
- You’ll find a list of applications that need your login details. Just tap on Google and select the particular account you want to sync.
So now, you have all of your Gmail contacts synced on your phone. If you want to remove those contacts, then you can implement the techniques mentioned below.
1. Deleting Single Contacts
- Go to the Contacts application.
2. Tap on the contact you want to remove.
3. Select the three-dotted button in the right upper corner and then press the delete button.
4. Repeat the steps mentioned earlier to sync your Google account.
2.Deleting Multiple Contacts
- Simply go to Contacts.
- Long press on a single contact. You will get checkboxes to select on the right.
- Select the contacts you want to delete.
- Tap the three-dotted button located in the upper-right corner.
- You’ll get three options to choose namely, merge, delete and share.
- Select delete.
Alas, you can say ‘ciao‘ to all the contacts you wanted to delete from Gmail. Hope, you felt comfortable in trying the steps mentioned above. If any need arises, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below. Au revoir!
You May Also Like:
- 25 Best Assassin’s Creed Memes
- How To Block Websites On Android?
- 8 Benefits Of Chromebooks: Here’s What You Need To Know
- 7 Best Solitaire Games For Android To Kill Your Time
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.