Last updated on August 18th, 2017
* [ Featured Image Credits : i24mundo.com ]
You may also read – iOS 8 Features
Well Apple wants it’s millions of users to be happy ! And the update to the latest iOS version seems to make that possible . This update contains hundreds of new features along with improvements and fixes to the previous version.
What it Fixes and Improves ? ?
- Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
- Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
- Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
- Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
- Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
- Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari.
These fixes and improvements will make the so called – “Royal OS” more worthy of it’s name.
On which devices iOS 8.0.2 can be installed ? ?
- iPhone 4s or later
- iPad 2 or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPod touch (5th gen)
What are the New Features ? ?
Well , if you are an iOS fan then you shouldn’t miss a single point of features :
If you want the whole Update Log you may download it here – Update Log for iOS 8.0.2, Let’s discuss the Main features :
Messages Improvements :
- Tap to Talk to send your voice, a video or a photo with just a swipe.
- Group messaging options to name a conversation, add a contact, remove a contact, or leave a conversation.
- New details view with Do Not Disturb, location sharing and attachments view.
Camera Improvements :
- Time-lapse mode
- Capture timer
- Adjust exposure with a simple nudge to lighten or darken a photo prior to capture
- Burst mode on front facing camera on iPhone 5s
- Panorama for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display
Siri improvements :
- Improvements to responsiveness, reliability and accuracy
- “Hey, Siri” option to initiate Siri using just your voice when your device is plugged in
- Streaming voice recognition
- Works with Shazam to answer “What song is playing?”
- Purchase content from iTunes Store
App Store improvements :
- New Explore tab for easier category browsing
- Top trending searches displayed in Search tab
- Scrolling search results
- App video previews
- Editors’ Choice badges
Accessibility features :
- Redesigned Zoom with one-handed control and multiple zoom modes including picture-in-picture
- Built-in timer and Touch ID support for Guided Access
- Speak Screen to read out contents of the screen via gesture or Siri command
- VoiceOver improvements including Alex voice option and Braille input support
- Multi-device support for MFi hearing aids to seamlessly switch from one paired iOS device to another
And Bug Fixes at last and the update is available via iTunes or OTA .
Tell us in the comments section below – ” Are you impressed by it’s latest update ? ? “.
Source : Official Apple Support
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.